Our Vision and Values.
As a school community of Pupils, Parents, Teachers and Governors we have all contributed to developing the Vision and Values for our school. We belive that our Vision and Values should guide the way that we work each and everyday.
Our School Vision...
'To develop confident young people who enjoy learning and strive to achieve the best. Together we will provide each pupil with a safe and caring school community that promotes fairness, tolerance and respect'
Our School Values...
WE BELIEVE IN:
ENJOYMENT, PERSEVERENCE, RESPECT,
COMPASSION AND EXCELLENCE
By enjoyment we mean:
- Pupils will enjoy coming to our school
- Children will experience a curriculum which has opportunities to enrich and to make learning fascinating
- We will celebrate our successes both in school and in our wider lives
- We approach the future with a positive outlook
By perseverance we mean that everyone
- Tries their best
- Sees failure as a learning opportunity and works at becoming resilient
- Is keen to further the school values and keep the school's Golden Rules
- Is willing to care for and support others, particularly the vulnerable
- Appreciates that learning must happen outside and after school as well as in it
By respect we mean that everyone
- Values and cares for all members both of the community and as people
- Displays good manners at all times and treats everybody with courtesy
- Tolerates difference while being keen and able to critically engage with difference
- Shows respect for the school buildings, facilities and excellent resources - and the broader environment
By compassion we that everyone
- Has a willingness to help others
- Is thoughtful to each other's feelings
- Seeks to understand and not judge
- Shows kindness and consideration
By excellence we mean that everyone
- Has high expectations of themselves
- Is proud of achievements
- Sets high standards and personal goals for improvement
- Makes best use of talents, time and resources
- Celebrates and shares in achievements of others