Around the world week July 2017
Around the World week
Linked to our Geography curriculum we held a themed week in school called 'Around the World!' The week was cross curricular and helped all of our children learn a range of new skills, such as:
- Developing their knowledge of the location of significant places.
- To understand about different countries physical and human characteristics and be able to compare this to the UK.
- Interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps and diagrams.
- To learn about different cultures and ways of living.
- To learn about foreign languages.
- We wanted to support the children in learning about different countries and cultures in the world around them to help support them in their Geography learning. We also wanted to inspire the pupils in their curiosity and fascination about the world and it's people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
Each class chose a country to focus on for the week and through all their learning enabled them to make comparisons to the UK.
Year 1B- Japan
Year 1/2C- Kenya
Year 1/2S- India
Year 3- Italy
Year 4AW- Fiji
Year 4B- UAE
Year 5E- Greece
Year 6T China