Care and Education for Life
At Thirsk Community Primary School, we are committed to developing and celebrating the individual strengths of each child, actively encouraging them to achieve their full potential in a safe, secure and caring environment.
Everyone is an individual and everyone is important.
- To actively encourage engagement in a healthy lifestyle
- To take responsibility for our own decision making
Enjoy and Achieve:
- To set high standards and expectations and celebrate success at all levels
- To have positive attitudes and a sense of enjoyment in learning
Achieve Economic Well Being:
- To enable children to fulfil their roles as responsible and valued members of society.
- To understand the value and opportunities which can be created through education
Make a Positive Contribution:
- To encourage children to be contributing members of the school and the wider community
- To foster positive, supportive, open relationships
- To promote positive self esteem, confidence and independence
- To provide a welcome, safe and caring environment
- To gain an understanding of, and respect for, self and others regardless of race, religion and ways of life